Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Back to Nature

Ahhh... nature

Jake and I spent our weekend up at Lake Connor -- his parents have their own special spot where their motorhome/trailer is always parked {except in the winter months}.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures of the actual spot {its very cute and quaint}, so you will have to wait until I blog about this again...I promise to take more photos next time!!  I am not sure if I can classify it as camping because the camper (1) has a bed to sleep in, it's under cover and not in a tent, (2) had a shower and (3) had a toilet... so I guess it was "glamping"? What else do you call it?

We arrived Friday after work {we ate our Trophy anniversary cupcakes on the way up}. The cupcakes were delicious... the drive was so-so. Hello, Friday night traffic! But, once we arrived and got set up, we BBQ'ed Juicy Lucy's {they were delicious}. Since we had each already had a cupcake, we decided to pass on smores or banana boats until the next night. We did have a photo shoot at the lake, though.

Jake's parent's golf cart - it's how you get around the campsite
Friday night, view at the Lake
 I loved playing around with Instagram on Jake's phone.  I can't wait until I get my iphone.... next week! But I digress...

Love this filter!

On Saturday, we slept in, then went down to the Lake to relax petal furiously {not really, but sometimes} on the paddle boat.  We hung out on the Lake in the paddle boat for a couple hours and then went to our friend's daughter's 2nd birthday in Mukilteo. The weather was gorgeous and we had a great time!
Can you spot the angry ducking?

It only took us about 15476 tries to take this picture
Diamond in the rough
After that, we came back to the campsite, stayed up really late and talked about stars {you could actually see a lot of stars!! and Jake was trying to point out the little or big dipper to me}, ate smores and banana boats {I forgot how much I loved smores.} 

When we woke up on Sunday, it was August 5th which means it was our 1st wedding anniversary!! We were both very happy that we made it ;) through the 1st year {we heard it was the hardest?}.  We slowly made our way back to Seattle and relaxed for most of the day -- if I recall it was over 93+ degrees.  Around 7:00 pm, we went to Purple for dinner and took a ride in the Seattle Great Wheel.  You can read more about dinner and the Great Wheel here

Happy Wednesday, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment